Friday, February 19, 2010

19/365: Golden Skeleton

My roommate moved out today leaving me without a TV or internet... It was an interesting night to say the least! I stock piled some anime, HIMYM, and House to watch but in the end, I still felt like going out to check out Nanaimo a bit. Originally I wanted to hit the library and borrow some books for the night, but alas, they closed by the time I got there leaving me to wander DT... where I ended up here.

In the middle of DT, is a section the city has setup with bleachers and a giant TV for anyone to sit and enjoy the olympics. Perhaps it was an attempt to draw the citizens of Nanaimo out and warm their fingers on the Olympic flame, but for me, it became my TV for the night. I sat down wishing I had brought my Red Mittens along to keep me warm, and watched the skeleton finals unravel in the company of 3 other random Nanaimites...

I had to use two exposures to capture the image as well as what's on the TV screen. Luckily my frozen fingers were able to turn the dials fast enough to capture the moment!

Congratulations to Jon Montgomery on his outstanding performance to win GOLD!
Props to Martins Dukurs (Lativa) for +0.07 behind: you had a good start, we Thank-You for using your breaks so well.
And special mention to Alexander Tretiakov (Russia) for +1.02, Thanks for coming out.

19/365: Jon Montgomery
5D Mark II; Shutter speed 1/6s; Aperture f/2.8; Focal 27mm; ISO 400
Shutter speed 1/30s; Aperture f/2.8; Focal 27mm; ISO 100

1 comment: