Tuesday, April 20, 2010

79/365: Take 1 down, Pass it around...

Disclaimer: Work Rant. I started typing this describing a particular coworker but ended up changing all the "her"s to "you" so it will all be in 1st person, me yelling at all of you =D Enjoy

Work was distressing today to say the least! My favorite coworker pulls out all the stops to hinders my every effort! It's incredibly infuriating, even when I'm trying to inform you of what just happens so I can keep you in the loop. However, you'd give the most obnoxious answer about a conversation you had, several days beforehand, as if my information is invalid! WTF? I just got off the phone with an administrator that's WELL above the RN you were speaking with AND the information is more up to date! And why the heck didn't you tell me about the conversation you had?

Next is your relentless resistance on any of my initiatives to help improve work flow! You believe I make change just because I think I need to change something as the new kid on the block. You believe that the department has survived so far, and things run "fine", QED nothing needs to be done. Why fix it if its not broken right? Too bad your simplistic mind can not comprehend the vast concepts of work flow and staying ahead of the game.

Your trust level for coworkers is reserved to say the least. The capabilities of your subordinates are only what you are willing to train and guide them to. And the concept that someone must be paid extra for every additional thing you teach them is RIDONKULOUS! If that were true, your starting salary should have been at zero and personally, I would not offer much more than $10 for the stunts you're still pulling now! Seriously after a year of being in the position position, AND you only have ONE real responsibility given, you still find new ones of making at least 1 mistake on it every schedule! Then you has the balls to come to me and TELL me how to fix it? I don't think that's how it works buddy.

And you complain about issues around the department I haven't had a chance to address. Yet... you'd disagree with my delegation of tasks so I can free up my time for my important matters that need my attention. BUT you would leave work for me everyday that anyone else in the department could have done and continue to volunteer my time to do menial tasks for the rest of the staff... Then I tell you no and I'll leave it for you to do instead and it doesn't get done either... Hmmmmm

Ok, 1 last thing (for now). How the heck do I SHOW you something will work without putting it in place first? There's no simulation programs for our department. If there was and I had access to it, I would not be in Nanaimo working my ass off. I'd be in the Bahamas sipping rum and laughing at her instead. Seriously, sometimes you just gotta work it out, do all the "homework" beforehand to address issues that may arise, and just run with it to see how well it works.

79/365: Take 1 down, Pass it around...
5D Mark II; Shutter speed 1/50s; Aperture f/2.8; Focal 50mm; ISO 640

1 comment: