Saturday, April 10, 2010

69/365: Rusted Engine

I was walking along a beach in Nanaimo, very close to someone's backyard in fact, when I came across a cove sheltered from the icy Georgia Straight wind. In this cove was a collection of things someone seemed to have placed as an extension to their own backyard! The hedges were well groomed, there was a small pagoda just up the hill, and well maintained set of wooden stairs leading down to the beach and a large, although neatly, stacked pile of fire wood. I enjoyed the view as I stood in the warm spring sun just soaking it all in...

... then my friend pointed out something off to the edge of the beach. Amongst the jagged rocks of Nanaimo's shoreline there lodged an engine. Not an entire engine, but just the block! Someone had the nerve to throw out an engine here?!

Public dumping aside though, I must admit the colors and texture a rusting engine block gave were one of a kind! If it wasn't so orange and geometric, the thing would fit right in on the rocks! Well maybe I'm exaggerating but I enjoyed seeing it there for the afternoon sun was just able to highlight park of the engine and I was able to create today's photo!

69/365: Rusted Engine
5D Mark II; Shutter speed 1/125s; Aperture f/6.3; Focal 60mm; ISO 100

No comments:

Post a Comment