Sunday, March 07, 2010

35/365: Lion's "Great" Bridge

I got off work quite early today hoping the good weather continued to hold. Alas, it was overcast and raining... I still went out for a quick walk a couple hours later once the rain let up though! The wind was piercingly cold, it made me wish I had brought my volunteer jacket with me - that thing is light but effective!

This was taken on Seaside Walkway near downtown Nanaimo. Vancouver has the Lion's Gate Bridge. Nanaimo apparently has a "Lion's Great Bridge". Except... I think it refers to the project of building this walkway and all the bricks along it, not an actual bridge... Anyways, a little night photography trying to capture the twilight mood of the darkened sky and dimly light street lamps.

25/365: Lions "Great" Bridge

5D Mark II; Shutter speed 1/15s; Aperture f/2.8; Focal 16mm; ISO 500

2 comments:

  1. I think I've seen this before too..is it along the seawall? by the park by the bridge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yep! Good memory! It's a nice little walk there!

    ReplyDelete