Friday, January 15, 2010

Under Surveillance

All this Olympic hype is starting to get to me! So in the last post I asked for sun and more snow on the mountains - I got 72cm more snow on Cypress BUT I can't go because it's closed for the Olympics; I got a wonderful sunset today just in time off work BUT the Oval is surrounded by THREE sets of gates. Not 1, not 2, but THREE! Even if I could get close enough for an interesting picture it was all ruined by the overlaying mesh work of fencing! I can't wait to see how traffic will look like in the weeks to come...
Under Surveillance
5D Mark II; Shutter speed 1/500s; Aperture f/1.8; Focal 50mm; ISO 100

Another thing I noticed is I enjoy the results of the cheap little 50mm prime lens compared to my 24-105mm! Its kind of sad but I guess that's just the kind of photos I enjoy creating... Time for a new lens Belle suggests! Well, I'm always open to donations ;)

Modern Statue
5D Mark II; Shutter speed 1/800s; Aperture f/1.8; Focal 50mm; ISO 100

However, I did end up busting out my mid-range lens and capture a few good shots =) I'm usually not one to post up multiple pictures a day but here's another!
Olympic Banner
5D Mark II; Shutter speed 1/80s; Aperture f/4; Focal 73mm; ISO 1600

1 comment:

  1. prime lenses are the best! it should be your next purchase.

    ReplyDelete