Friday, July 24, 2009

Wild fires around Kelowna

So there's currently 3 wild fires around the Kelowna area: Glenrosa, Rose Valley, and Terrace Mountain.

I'm still in Vernon for work for the next day or so but here's one of the pictures I snapped from my friend's cabin out on Okanagan Lake just north of Fintry. There's been a heavy cloud hovering over Vernon the last few days making it hard to breath. Ash keeps drifting down from the sky like snowflakes. Luckily, this afternoon it started to rain so hopefully all the fires will be put out soon.
Terrace Mountain Fire 2009
S3IS; Shutter speed 1/160s; Aperture f/2.7; Focal 6mm; Raynox DCR-6600PRO

A stitch of pictures I took around Vernon...
Left: The red-orange sun during the afternoon
Middle: smoke drifting up from Terrace Mountain
Right: Ash that's settled on my car overnight
20090722_VernonAshes

3 comments:

  1. Though it might not be the most pleasant experience, it does make for some beautiful images

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yea i know XD I can't help but take my camera and aim at the skies

    Tho I am driving to work even tho it's a 5min walk away.............

    ReplyDelete
  3. whao that's an awesome picture.

    ReplyDelete